There are several ways to support and donate to the Museum:
1) Monetary Donations - (Cash, Checks or Credit Cards) are accepted by hand delivery, US mail, telephone, or email. Include address, phone number & email address directly under this option. You may also make donations through PayPal here...
2) Donation of Items for the Collection – Must be related to Agriculture, Farming, Food or Delaware to be considered. The process for consideration is as follows:
Send pictures and a description of the item(s) to the Museum through email firstname.lastname@example.org
(preferred method) , bring the item(s) to the Museum for observation, or call the Museum and see if someone is available to stop by & take a look at the item(s).
The Director or Curator will look through the collection to see if the Museum is already in possession of the items you are looking to donate. If we do not already have an example of your item, or if your item is in better condition than one we already posess, we will have you bring it in and a temporary receipt will be issued. If we do own an example, and yours is not in better condition, we are happy to take the item as a dontation to our Annual Auction. 100% of the auction proceeds go to keeping the Museum open to the community.
After the Collection Committee accepts your item(s) into the collection, you will be sent a Deed of Gift to sign. This Deed of Gift permanently gives the Museum ownership of the item(s). Once you return a copy to the Museum, the item(s) will become a part of the Museum’s permanent collection. If the Collection Committee declines your item(s), we will call and ask if you would like to pick them back up or donate them to our Annual Auction. Either way, you will get a receipt that can be used for claiming purposes on your taxes.
Please Note: We do not take items on loan or items in disrepair or in need of a costly restoration.
3) Annual Auction Donations – Our Annual Auctions and Flea Market takes place every spring on the last Saturday of March or the first Saturday of April. We accept auction donations all year long. We accept everything EXCEPT the following; encyclopedias, mattresses, open cans of paint, batteries, freon appliances, broken electronics, clothing or used oil. Donations may be dropped off at the museum between 10 am and 3 pm Tuesday through Saturday. You can also call the Museum to discuss pick up options.
4) Annual Campaign Donations – Every October we have our Annual Campaign and monetary donations are greatly appreciated!
5) Operation Items – Occasionally, things at the Museum break down and need to be replaced. Some people enjoy helping us out by providing items such as; light bulbs, paint brushes, tarps, tools, cleaning supplies, gloves, snow shovels, knee pads, office supplies, etc…
6) Wish List Donations – We have an ongoing, ever growing wish list for the Museum. These are things we can’t afford and still meet the budget. However, many items would make volunteer and staff jobs much easier. Things such as storage and grounds keeping equipmnt are always welcome!
7) Volunteer Your Time – The donation of your time is priceless. You can volunteer as little or as much as you want. We don’t have any minimum requirements. For Volunteer opportunities and information, please see our Get Involved section!