The Barn (ca. 1890)
The barn at the Museum was originally owned by Tom Harmon of Felton. It is a late nineteenth-century horse barn which still contained stalls and hay equipment at the time of its donation in 1981 by Joseph Hughes.
The Cornhouse (ca. 1825)
The cornhouse, which was located on the Donald L. Ward farm just south of Crosskeys in Dagsborough hundred, was constructed between 1825 and 1850. It was used on the farm to store dried field corn through the winter, to be used as needed by stock. The cornhouse measures 10'x16'x12' and is made of hewed logs and dovetailed corners.
The Granary (ca. 1900)
The granary was built in 1900 in Cheswold, Delaware and donated to the Museum by Edward Evans in March 1981.
The Meathouse (ca. 1870)
The meathouse, used to smoke meats to preserve them until they were used, was built around 1870 in Kenton, Delaware.
The Henhouse (ca. 1926)
The hen house, built closer to the farmhouse than the other buildings so it was easily accessible by the wife and children, was built in 1926 and resided on a farm in Dover until its donation to the Museum.
The Wagon Shed (ca. 1885)
Catherine Kohl donated the wagon shed to the Museum in October of 1980. Originally located in Middletown, Delaware, the shed was built about 1885 of hemlock and held together with wooden pegs.
Privies (ca. 1885)
The Museum has three privies on display in Loockerman Landing. The most unusual are the three-seater next to the Mill Lane School and the four-seater next to the St. Thomas Church. Another is located next to the farmhouse and was built in 1885. Donated to the Museum by Grace Caulk in March of 1982, it was used on her family's farm in Kent County until the early 1950s.
Delaware Agricultural Museum and Village
866 N Dupont Hwy
Dover, DE 19901
Tues. to Sat. 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Closed Sunday & Monday
Check Us Out on Facebook!