Train Station (ca. 1864)
In 1864, a farmer named Henry Cowgill built the train station in what is now known as Woodside. According to local lore, the name "Woodside" was inspired by the piles of wood that were stacked near the station.
The first railroad and express agent in Woodside was Henry Cowgill's son, Ezekiel Cowgill. In 1865, Ezekiel took on the additional role of postmaster since the station was used for distributing mail. Ezekiel was the agent from 1864 until he was succeeded by his father in 1867. Henry then held the position of agent until his death in 1881.
The Woodside train station was moved to a new location in Woodside prior to 1890 where it was used as a farmhouse and later, as a barn. A brick station was built in its place. In 1988, the wooden station was moved to the museum where it was restored by the Woodside Bicentennial Committee.