Welcome to the Delaware Agricultural Museum and Village
The Delaware Agricultural Museum Association was founded in the late 1970’s by a group of Delaware farmers and business people dedicated to preserving the agricultural heritage of Delaware and the Delmarva Peninsula.
Situated in a 40,000 square foot building, the Delaware Agricultural Museum houses a collection of over 4,000 artifacts featured in a variety of interesting exhibits. Some of the many highlights include:
• The Birth of the “Broiler” Industry - Cecile Steele’s 16' x 16' chicken
coop (National Register of Historic Places)
• A collection of antique farm machinery, farm tools and equipment un-parralleled on the east coast
• Swedish design log cabin (ca. 1750) fully restored
• 1941 Stearman bi-plane
• The nationally recognized Jehu Camper folk art collection
The museum's village - Loockerman Landing - illustrates daily life in rural Delaware in the late nineteenth century. All of the following historic structures are open to the public:
• Silver Lake Mill • Loockerman Landing Train Station
• Mill Lane School • Reed General Store • Gourley Barbershop
• St. Thomas Church • 19th Century Farmhouse & Outbuildings
• Johnson & Son Blacksmith & Wheelwright Shop
The artifacts on display in these beautifully preserved buildings tell the story of growth and change in Delaware's rural communities.
VISIT, LULU, OUR CUDDLY POT-BELLIED PIG!
Lulu has returned to the Delaware Ag Museum from her winter retreat and is eager to receive visitors -- especially visitors with food!
Lulu loves fruits and vegetables, some of her favorites include:
• cucumbers • beets • spinach • kale • green peppers
• tomatoes • squash (all varieties) • peaches • pears • apples
• oranges • melons
Feel free to bring her some snacks to enjoy during your visit but PLEASE only feed her a few pieces at a time. As with all pot-bellied pigs, Lulu must watch her weight because her leg joints can fail if she gets too heavy.
LULU's chic-a-dee friends and neighbors are: Lucy, Lizzy, Lilly and Licorice
Stop by the admissions desk and pick-up a cup of popcorn for their afternoon snack!!!
TEACHERS – SCHEDULE A FIELD TRIP NOW !
Make history come alive for your students at the Delaware
Agricultural Museum and Village! With the help of our knowledgeable
interpreters, your students will experience what life would have been
like for their ancestors living in rural America in the late l800’s.
Our museum offers several hands-on educational programs that are
tied to Delaware state standards, strands and grade level
Click on the “Educational Programs” link (top of the page) for more
Hours of Operation:
Tuesday through Saturday
10am to 3pm
Seniors (65+): $5.00
Youth: (4-17) $3.00
Children under 3: Free
(*With Valid ID)
Group Rates (click on link below)
Delaware Agricultural Museum and Village
866 N. DuPont Highway Dover, DE 19901
Phone: (302) 734-1618
Pet Policy: We are unable to allow pets, other than service animals, inside or outside the museum due to liability. Thank you for your cooperation!